How Austin is meeting the challenges of climate change
Climate change has emerged as one of the greatest challenges facing the resilience of our communities. For many years the climate conversation has centered on emissions reduction and renewable energy. But as cities around the world struggle to provide sufficient, safe, and clean water for their citizens, we must now face that climate change threatens our water.
In the wake of fires, hurricanes, and epic droughts, not to mention the stress of population growth in rapidly urbanizing areas, cities must lead the way to ensuring a water-secure future.
Join Mayor Steve Adler as he shares what Austin is doing to step up to the challenge.
About the program
Our program will be a moderated panel discussion. Panelists include:
- Steve Adler, Austin mayor
- Dr. Katharine Hayhoe, renowned atmospheric scientist and climate expert
- Greg Meszaros, Austin Water director
- Sharlene Leurig, water resource consultant and Chair of Austin’s innovative 100-year Water Planning Task Force
- Mike Kanin, Texas Observer and panel moderator
Please note that this breakfast will be on the 7th floor of the UT Club.
6:50am - Coffee & Networking
7:10am - Breakfast Buffet
7:25am - Announcements
7:50am - Panel Introduction and Program Begins
8:20am - Q&A
8:30am - Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Directions and Parking to UT Club
Breakfast Fees & Policy